hello! i’m candi
founder of Be Your Better You
I’m so glad you’re here! You know, being a woman is a wonderful thing, but being a productive, self confident, mature, growing woman can be tough.
No matter your age, there will always be room for growth, challenges to meet and overcome, and opportunities to become a better, stronger person.
Let’s take this journey together!
get to know me
here are a few things you might want to know about me
- I’ve been around for awhile, so I’ve learned a thing or two about life. Age has it’s advantages.
- Owning and running a business, managing others, using my creativity in both business and personal venues has taught me so much.
- Being a mom, then being a single mom, followed by 20 years with my soulmate, then experiencing loss have given me insight, empathy, and the understanding of what it means to lose someone you dearly love, then continue on to live a good life.
- I tend to work too much, although I try to balance that out with exercise. A healthy lifestyle is essential for me. And, I’m a coffee snob. ☕
- Most importantly, my life is grounded in faith and trust in the Lord. Prov. 3:5,6
my other ventures
what i’ve learned along the way
Twenty years in the banking industry, working my way up from entry level to VP, then being involved in the start-up of a bank, taught me so much about people. And you can be much more effective with others when you know yourself well. That, my friend has been a learning process.
Being a business owner, first with my husband and then on my own, is a huge responsibility, and comes with highs and lows. It’s stressful, exciting, rewarding, and also pretty scary sometimes. It is a lot of responsibility and a healthy plan for self care is essential or you can be swallowed up by your business.
Five years ago I started working online with intent. Prior to that I’d created a number of websites, some pretty good, some really awful, but all were learning experiences. In 2018 I created Inspire My Style, a lifestyle blog for women in midlife that focuses on healthy living, natural aging, casual fashion, and living your best life as you age.
I have learned so much through the research and application of the topics on that site, and many of the principles are ageless.
Since then I have created several other sites on different topics. I’m a coffee snob, have been for years, so that was a natural flow for me. Gardening for the beginner and everything oats, yes, like in oatmeal and oat bran, is another fun site that is quite educational.
I’ve got quite a bit on my plate, but that is what keeps me motivated and feeling fulfilled.
what you can learn here
healthy habits, self care, life balance
These are topics that never get old or outdated, and we can all benefit from them, no matter our age.
- You might be in your 20s and are just starting to create your adult life, discovering who you really are
- Or you might be a woman in your 30s who wants to feel more confident about life decisions
- As you travel through your 40s life can be really good, but you also can start to experience some of the difficulties that responsibility of career and family present
- In your 50s everything starts to change, and sometimes you wonder if you still “fit in” as your life, and your body, take a different path
- By the time you reach your 60s and beyond, you know that the learning curve never ends, and there are always opportunities to growth
By the way, you might want to know about a new venture that I created to compliment inspirational and encouraging topics covered here at Be Your Better You. Visit Ivory Home, my shop on Zazzle, and see how you can keep positive words and thoughts with you each and every day, turning ordinary things into extraordinary treasures!
Make encouragement and inspiration a part of your daily life with home and personal accessories from Ivory Home.
I created these designs with you in mind, my friend. Take a look and see what speaks to you, or give a thoughtful gift to someone special. 💗
Whatever your age, my friend, I hope you’ll take advantage of the resources here. They have been created with love and purpose!